Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kylie Rae Vorkink










Kylie Rae Vorkink made her appearance April 21, 2010 at 2:13 am.  She was 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 1/2 in.  She has adorable black hair and is just too cute!







And here is her birth story:
My water broke at 4:50 pm on the 20th and Austin and I made it to the hospital about 6:20 pm.  I was still at 3 centimeters when they checked me in and I wasn't having very regular contractions so they put me on pitocin to speed up the process.  While Austin and I played Phase 10 the contractions started to pick up and after feeling a few of them I got my epidural.  At this point I was at 4.5 centimeters.  The nurse came back to check on me after about an hour or hour and a half and said I was fully dilated!!!  They had me wait about an hour before pushing so the baby's head would come down a bit more.  Then the pushing began...  After pushing through 5 and 1/2 contractions little Kylie joined us!


Here is a link to the picture that the hospital photographer took:

http://www.utahportraits.com/hospital/index.php?action=view&BabyID=042110krv

5 comments:

  1. Michelle I just found your blog! Yay! I added you guys on mine. I am so excited for you!! I bet you are so happy to finally have her- she is beautiful. Congratulations to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is adorable! i can't wait to meet her! congratulations and I'm so glad you guys are doing well! the nursery is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! She is beautiful. You two will be great parents. I am so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, more pictures!!!! She's beautiful :) Can't wait to meet her in person. Congrats to the new mom and dad!!!

    ReplyDelete